Monday, October 17, 2011

Pinterest

I admit, I have fallen prey to Pinterest. If you haven't heard of it, I hesitate to tell you about it because it is addicting BUT it is also very, very inspiring. Pinterest is an online pinboard allowing you to organize and share the things that you love.


In the days before pinterest, I would collect things I liked in a word document. The problem with my word filing method was that I couldn't quickly visually access what I had saved. I was having a hard time keeping my ideas organized and then remembering what I had saved and where I had saved them from.

With Pinterest, I am now able to quickly and easily save things I find on the web and have visual access to them in boards I organized. I am also able to see what other people have found that I never would have stumbled upon otherwise.

Here are somethings I am currently smitten with on Pinterest.

New recipes:

{image via Italian Food Forever}

Italian Food Forever's Pasta with Mascarpone, Chicken, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach recipe. This has become a favorite recipe, not only is it impressive looking but it is delicious.


The image and basic pizza crust recipe are from The Pioneer Woman. I used to buy Boboli pizza crust BUT after seeing how easy it is to make my own and how much better it takes, I will never buy another store bought pizza crust.

Home improvement ideas:


Image via Martha Stewart. Hoping to add this rolling ladder as a DIY project in my butler's pantry. If successful, I'll be sure to share that post with you later.


Image via pinterest. In the next few weeks, my dad will be coming over to help with a closet improvement. By no means does my closet even resemble the one above. My closet is about as opposite as they come from the one above. Would I love to have that closet, yes...will I settle for the idea of lights in the shelves...yes. Again, if successful, I'll be sure to share that post with you later.

Party Planning:



Images and party description via Hostess With The Mostess. I can't wait to do a cooking party for Grace. I love the embroidered chef hats {especially since I know someone with an embroidery machine}. I also love invitations that build up to the excitement of the party. The invitation is created in recipe form and comes with a whisk and oven mitt. How much fun!

Lunch box inspiration:


Image and recipe from Family Fun. How cute are these hot dog racers?


Image and description via Lisa Storm. Under the Sea inspired. I love the incorporation of some healthy foods in such fun ways.

Gift Ideas:


Image via The Tip Junkie. What a perfect hostess or housewarming gift, an ice cream kit.

Future DIY Crafts:

Image via Rubys Upcycle Designs. I am a sucker for anything with maps. This DIY project using maps, modge podge and glass trays is definitely on my list of things to try.


Image and free tutorial for this pencil case found at Gwenny Penny. I've never sewn a zipper before but this tutorial walks you through every step of the way.

These are just a few of the many {many} things I've been pinning lately. If you want to see what else I am interested in or inspired by, you can find me here.

Happy Pinning!

2 comments:

  1. You're right - Pinterest should come with a warning! Just found your blog and am happily pinning away now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't you sweet. Thanks for taking a look around and for leaving feedback!

      Delete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...