Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Halloween

Oh wait...it's not Halloween BUT it is October so let the decorating for Halloween commence.

I've only just begun my decorating. Before visions of haunted houses, ghosts and graveyards enter your head, I like simple touches.

I love Martha Stewart's Halloween silhouette templates. These bats, hung from fishing line, like flying around my window.



Grace would love for us to get her a cat but since we already have a dog, this Martha Stewart black cat is as close as she will get.


These Martha Stewart mice are the only kind of mice I want anywhere near my house.


Blue Cricket Design gets all credit for the clever no soliciting sign in my doorway.

And so you don't think that I've decorated exclusively using black paper I do have other decorations up as well. The Queen of Quilts made that throw and sitting on top of it a velvet pumpkin.


In the spirit of preparing for Halloween, we've also watched, It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, about 10 times and it's only the first week of October.


Halloween and fall are definitely in the air, so keep in my mind Linus' sage advice, 'Never jump into a pile of leaves with a wet sucker'.

Happy Decorating!

1 comment:

  1. i LUV MS's silloutes! when (if) i ever get around to ripping the carpet off the stairs and painting them i want to copycat thrifty decor's idea of her mice on the stair treads.

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...